Joining the ifarm360 Community
- Ifarm360 is a social impact investing platform connecting socially-conscious international investors to skilled local farmers in Africa.
- Ifarm360 connects you, the investor, to farmers whom we A) carefully select, B) provide with training including access to modern agricultural techniques, and C) connect to large-scale purchasers to sell crops at a guaranteed price. This whole process is further protected with crop insurance.
- As with all investing, investing in projects through ifarm360 comes with unavoidable risks. Ifarm360 takes steps at every stage of the process to help mitigate these risks. Please read our Risk Mitigation page to learn more about our risk assessment and management.
Description of Service
- Ifarm360 is a platform that enables investors to view, select, finance, and monitor local farmers.
- Ifarm360 and its partner organisations curate, train, monitor, and provide access to crop insurance to farmers featured on the platform. Please see our How it Works page for more information.
- Ifarm360 is a connector, enabler, and risk manager. We connect interested investors to skilled farmers. We enable investors to finance these skilled farmers. We manage the risks involved in such investing. Please read our Impact Investment Primer to learn more about risk assessment and management.
Account Registration and Termination
- Investors must have a registered account created via this website in order to invest. All information submitted should be correct to the best of the investor’s knowledge. Making an investment means that you accept the Terms of Investment. Users have the right to terminate their account, at which point all data held regarding them will be deleted.
- Selection of project(s): Users can browse all featured farms throughout the website. Users may select in which farm(s) to invest.
- Payment: Users must select a valid method of payment in order to invest in a project. Please see our How It Works page to learn more.
- Monitoring: Users will be updated periodically on the progress of the project(s) in which they have invested, via methods including Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, and possibly other platforms.After the harvest and assuming a successful sale of crops, investors will receive back their initially invested principal, along with their share of profits.
- Re-investment: Investors may opt to reinvest in new projects shown on the website.
- Withdrawal: Once payment has been made, investors may not withdraw their investment until after the completion of the farming cycle and distribution of profits.
Privacy and Security
- Ifarm360 will not disclose any user information to any third party. Information will be used solely for ifarm360 internal operations. Please see also Account Registration and Termination, above.